Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bring Him Glory


I learned this out of one of a book that i read and it really caught my eye because this is exactly what i was struggling with. So many people in this world are trying to find the perfect job that God wants them to do and they are afraid that if they miss it, they don't get a second chance. Well, i learned that God doesn't care what kind of job you have as long as you are doing it for Him and giving Him all the glory. He wants you to do your job for Him. Now I'm not saying that God doesn't have a certain plan for you life but that doesn't mean that you sit around and just wait for it to come. That's what i was kind of thinking and this really opened my eyes. Everything we do is to worship our God. That's everything. Cleaning the house, school, driving your car. haha i need to have to mind set that i need to honor God and bring Him glory. For some reason this is so hard. My flesh wants to take all the credit for what i do, the gifts that God has given me. Why?.... I need to bring glory to the Giver and Maker of my gifts. Its like creating something and then someone else takes all the credit for your work and wins tons of money and all that stuff. That's what i am doing to my God when i don't give Him the credit that He deserves.



Lord, I pray that you would help me not to be so selfish and take away my wants and fill that up with a servants heart that wants to serve you and your children. God i pray that you would help me with that because i cant do it on my own. I am so very sorry that i do not give you all the credit and the glory that you deserve. It brakes my heart to think that i am stealing your glory. Help me Lord with my selfish self.

In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment